Monday, December 6, 2010

here we go!

First post attempt. Made a blog. It's gonna be abouts food and recipe testing. blah blah blah blah blah blah

Ok, kidding aside, making a food blog has been on my list of things to do for about a year. Anyone who knows me well knows I have never really shown any interest in being near a stove. However, moving away from my Mom and her cooking made me realize I need to start my cooking adventure soon or else get used to a diet consisting solely of corn dogs. (thanks Dave)  I remember the very first meal I made as a brand new wife. It was a recipe from my Grandma.

French's Fried Onion baked chicken... keepin' it classy
I can honestly say that was the fanciest meal I had ever made. My first time ever cooking chicken turned out pretty well. I have only made the recipe one more time after this, not because I don't like it, I just hate to handle raw chicken or any raw meat really.  I won't post the recipe for the chicken here, because it's actually on the French's Fried Onion package... classy. But I promise to post a recipe next time!  In the future I will also be sharing my attempts to bake things, which always results in a messy kitchen and a funny story. I figure I have been married a little over a year and have tried a few recipes that I like, a few that are inedible,  and a few that I have repeated. I want to say it's been fun, but I think interesting is a term that is better suited for this venture. Now I am ready to share with the world, (or the few people that might happen to read this blog) my journey to becoming an adult that can survive on my own cooking and perhaps make something that tastes great too!


And in celebration of my first entry....

a cute picture of nico the dog!!

No comments: